You are Here: Home > Europe Region > Europe Trainings
Europe Regional Training in Kanjiža, Serbia
The training took place in Kanjiža, Serbia from April 26th to May 4th, 2011.
Organizers: Center for Society Orientation (COD) and Serbian Society of Autism.
Purpose of the Training Workshop: To educate approximately 30 DPO representatives from region, the representatives of DPOs from: Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia and Montenegro, in the field of human rights monitoring of persons with disabilities by introducing the DPO. methodology of holistic monitoring.
Outcomes: 30 DPO representatives from Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia and Montenegro were trained how to conduct monitoring of their human rights in their own countries. The participants included:
- Becoming familiar with DRPI methodology of holistic monitoring (Individual and Systemic monitoring)
- Combining systemic and monitoring of individual experiences
- The basic principles of human rights and UN Convention on Rights of Persons with disabilities
Click here to access photos from the training.
- Volja za životom
- BG Centar
- Udruženje MS N.Kneževac
- Udruženje “S tobom za njih”
- Gradska organizacija gluvih Beograda
- Udruženje Plegije – Nikšić
- Udruženje mladih sa hendikepom- Kotor
- Udruženje za pomoć hendikepiranim licima- Bijelo Polje
Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Udruženje studenata sa posebnim potrebama i volontera
- Open the windows
- POLIO +
- Nacionalni savez slepih R.Macedonia
- Udruga za promicanje ljudskih prava
- Hrvatski savez slijepih
- Udruga distrofičara, invalida CP i DP i ostalih telesnih invalida
- Ann Marit Saebonnes, Assistant to the UN Special Rapporteur on Disability
- Ljiljana Igric, Graduate Program in Critical Disability Studies, University of Zagreb
- Fredrik Stockhaus, SHIA, Sweden
- Sonja Vasic, Handicap International, Palestine
Speakers at Opening Ceremony (in addition to speakers from the above organizations)
- Nyilas Mihaly, Mayor of Kanjiza
- Nevena Petrušić, Commissioner for Equal Opportunities
- Vesna Petrović, Executive Director of Belgrade Center for Human Rights
- Marija Rauš (Special Advisor on Human Rights)
- Marcia Rioux (DRPI Co-Director)
Below is a list of project-specific trainings DRPI has implemented for people with disabilities on the monitoring of disability rights. Click on the project to read more about the training.