Holistic participatory disability rights monitoring methodology: a pathway towards effective reporting strategies
Date: 25 August 2015
Time: 1:15pm – 2:45pm
Venue: Room TBD, Palais Wilson, Geneva
Organizers: Disability Rights Promotion International (DRPI)
Co-sponsors: Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA) and York University, Toronto, Canada
Subject: Invitation to side-event
We are pleased to invite you to Holistic participatory disability rights monitoring methodology: a pathway towards effective reporting strategies a side event organized by Disability Rights Promotion International (DRPI).
The event will focus on DRPI’s participatory methodology for monitoring disability rights including:
- Holistic and participatory monitoring leading to progressive realization;
- Mainstreaming disability in the SDGs and post 2015 agenda;
- Effective Reporting Strategies and mechanisms for national reports.
The speakers will be:
- Marcia Rioux, Distinguished Research Professor, School of Health Policy and Management, Faculty of Health, York University; Canada, Co-Director (with Bengt Lindqvist Disability Rights Promotion International
- Jose Viera, Latin America Regional Officer, Disability Rights Promotion International, Argentina
- Rajive Raturi, Asia-Pacific Regional Officer, Disability Rights Promotion International, India
- Radoš Keravica, Europe Reigonal Officer, Disability Rights Promotion International, Serbia
We hope that you will join us and contribute to a productive discussion about pathways to the meaningful involvement of people with disabilities in the monitoring of disability rights and effective reporting strategies towards international human rights mechanisms. Your expertise and experience would constitute an important contribution and we look forward to meeting you in Geneva.